FEBRUARY by Lisa Moore
A new play based on her acclaimed novel
Directed by Michelle Alexander
Performance Dates: September 21 to October 6, 2012
- Helen (mid-50s): Helen is a single mother in her 50s who was widowed in the Ocean Ranger disaster of 1982.
- John (early to mid-30s): John is Helen’s son. He was nine years old when his father died; he is now a (reluctant) expectant father.
- Cal (mid-20s): Helen’s husband. Cal appears in flashback and participates in Helen’s present life as a vivid memory.
- Barry (mid-50s): Barry is a carpenter who is renovating Helen’s house.
- Louise (mid-to-late-50s): Helen’s older sister.
- Jane (mid-20s): Jane is carrying John’s child. (The actor playing this role will also play the role of the waitress).
- Dave/Taxi Driver/Red/Coach (40s to 60s male): Four roles for a physically and vocally flexible actor.
- Friday June 22
- Saturday June 23
- Wednesday July 4
- Thursday July 5 (weeknights 6:30-9:30pm / Sat. 10am-6pm).
- Callbacks will be held Saturday July 7 and Sunday July 8 (times TBD)
Please prepare a short (2 – 3 min) monologue. You may also be asked to read from the script. Copies of the script are available at the Toronto Reference Library, 5th floor, Performing Arts Desk or at Theatre Ontario. A copy of the script can also be sent to you electronically.
Please bring your photo and résumé to the audition.
To Book an Audition Time: Email GoAlumnae@gmail.com or leave a message at 416-364-4170 ext. 3.
Location: Alumnae Theatre, 70 Berkeley Street (SW corner of Berkeley and Adelaide St. East).
Reminder: This is a non-Equity/ACTRA and non-paying engagement.
Alumnae Theatre is a non-professional theatre company which encourages diversity in its membership and casting.