COMPANY: Canadian Stage
JOB TITLE: Executive Coordinator
STATUS: Full-time, permanent
REPORTS TO: Artistic & General Director
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
Canadian Stage is now accepting applications from outgoing, analytic, highly organized, team-oriented individuals for the position of EXECUTIVE COORDINATOR, a full-time position starting immediately. This position reports directly to the Artistic & General Director and works very closely with the Managing Director and Resident Artist (collectively, the Executive Office).
The EXECUTIVE COORDINATOR provides senior administrative and project coordination support of a highly confidential nature to the Executive Office, Management Teams, and the Board of Directors as well as provides administrative support for the new MFA program in conjunction with York University and Office Management duties.
The position is based in our offices at 26 Berkeley Street, Toronto. The standard work week is 40 hours over 5 days (Monday-Friday), representing 8 hours at the office daily including a daily one-hour break. Work outside of the regular work day is expected for evening and weekend meetings and attendance and participation at special events.
Senior Executive Support
- Provide senior-level administrative support to the Artistic & General Director and the Managing Director through the facilitation of communication on their behalf (via letters, memos, reports, e-mail, telephone calls)
- Coordinate administrative activity for the York University-Canadian Stage MFA program, supporting the Resident Artist
- Manage the coordination and prioritization of the Artistic & General Director’s schedule and commitments
- Write, collect, print and prepare material as required in advance of meetings
- Organize travel arrangements
- Ensure the organization of the Executive Office with respect to files and resource materials, including maintaining physical and electronic records
- Communicate professionally with members of the Board and artistic community
- Act as liaison between the Executive Office and staff to ensure appropriate coordination and follow-up on day-to-day issues
- Organize and maintain records and files, including contracts and legal documents
- Prepare budgets for the Executive Office, in liaison with the Finance Department
- Organize and prepare company and directors’ meetings as required (in-person planning, conference calls)
- Organize staff office events, contracts with suppliers and the maintenance of office supplies
- Other duties as required
Administrative Support to the Board of Directors and Board Committees
- Provide senior-level administrative support to the Board of Directors through the preparation and distribution of meeting notices, agendas, minutes, and materials
- Coordinate all logistics for Board meetings, including the Annual General Meeting and the year-end Board BBQ
- Serve as a lead contact with the Chair of the Board
- Coordinate the preparation of the Board Manual annually, ensuring appropriate updates as documents are changed
- Maintain up-to-date contact information and Board files
- Serve as the Recording Secretary to the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and other committees as required
- Coordinate contact with prospective Board members as part of the nominations process and orientation sessions for new Board members
- Maintain company by-laws and all archival information
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or equivalent
- Professional administrative experience
- Experience writing business correspondence
- Excellent grammar, writing, and communication skills
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook
- Administration experience with Boards of Directors and Committees of the Board
- Ability to take initiative to manage work flow and priorities
- Ability to work independently and in a group, meet deadlines, and multi-task under pressure in a fast-paced environment as a dynamic and supportive team member
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy, creativity, a collaborative spirit, and the cultural sensitivity needed to work effectively in a diverse environment of artists, producers, creative and management teams
- Superb organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated experience recording accurate minutes of meetings
- A passion for the performing arts and the desire to be part of a vibrant Canadian contemporary theatre company
Founded in 1987, Canadian Stage is one of the country’s leading not-for-profit contemporary theatre companies. Under the direction of Artistic & General Director Matthew Jocelyn, the company presents multidisciplinary theatre with a focus on emerging performance styles that integrate theatre with other artistic mediums such as dance, film, visual arts and more.
Sharing innovative and vibrant theatre from Canada and around the world, the company stages an annual season of work at three major venues (the Bluma Appel Theatre, the Berkeley Street Theatre and the High Park Amphitheatre) and runs a series of artist development and education initiatives, as well as youth and community outreach programs.
For more information, visit www.canadianstage.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and CV with salary expectations by June 29 by email only (attach documents in Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Attention: Natasha Mytnowych, Canadian Stage
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Re: Executive Coordinator
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.