AUDITION: BE A PART OF A NEW CANADIAN MUSICAL!
Jazz Squared Theatre Company is holding auditions for their upcoming production of “The Beaver Den: A New Canadian Musical” produced by the Lower Ossington Theatre. Set in 1999 at the wake of children’s entertainment. The Beaver Den follows a cast of young actors “stuck” on a kid’s tv show filmed in the Muskoka Region. The show will run the last week in September in the Lower Ossington Theatre’s Studio A.
- Music and Lyrics – Taylor Abrahamse
- Book – Jennifer and Jaclyn Enchin
- Director/Choreographer – Jennifer and Jaclyn Enchin
- Set Design/Props – Spencer Wilson
- Orchestration – James Atin-Godden
- Musical Director – TBA
The Lower Ossington Theatre, Studio A
100 Ossington Ave. (Ossington and Queen)
Tuesday, July 10th: 1:00-6:00. Callbacks: Wednesday, July 11th: 1:00-6:00
- Tom: Lead character in the show. Recent theatre school graduate who wants to be the next great Canadian star – determined, intense, focused, idealist, dreamer. Male
- Derek: All-Canadian Boy, born and raised in the Muskokas. Closeted Gay – bright-eyed, innocent, positive, energetic, dorky. Male
- Patty: Lead female character. A bit of a tomboy, has a lumberjack father– leader, level-headed, a bit guarded, very passionate about children’s tv. Female
- Simon: Token “ethnic” Beaver Den cast member, from Alberta. Intelligent, awkward, nerdy. Male
- Phoebe: Token “ethnic” Beaver Den cast member. Spunky, blunt, loud, opinionated. Female
- Paul Pencil-vest: Old Man cast member, will play multiple roles, thick Canadian accent. Happy, Go-Lucky, Cheery, Wise, Odd. Male
- Johnny: American children’s tv actor (modeled after Steve from Blue’s Clues). “Drug” addict. Intense, Bitter, overly confident, seems like he’s hiding something. Male
- Jeremy : Tom’s number one fan. Parents are going through a divorce. Looking for a young adult who can play a 7 year old. Male
- Please prepare 32 bars of a song in the musical theatre style that shows off your vocal chops as well as a short comedic monologue. (depending on the character(s) you are auditioning for, you may be asked to read sides as well, which will be emailed to you ahead of time)
- You may bring a karaoke track to play through your ipod if you wish (ipod dock will be supplied). Otherwise songs will be sung a cappella.
- Make sure you mention on your resume if you play an instrument.
- Please bring a headshot (or photo) and resume (will not be returned)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which character(s) you are interested in auditioning for and your preferred time. We will then send you sides to read over.
- If you CANNOT make the audition for whatever reason, let us know and we will be more than happy to make time for you on another day.
Shared Profits – This show is NON-EQUITY.