We are looking for customer service oriented energetic, self-motivated, and reliable performer to facilitate the CNE Haunted Walking Tour programming for the 2012 Canadian National Exhibition. The fair runs from August 17th to September 3rd from 10am to 10pm. Performers/guides must be available for Monday August 20, Wednesday August, 22, Monday August 27 and Wednesday August 29, from 4pm to 10pm. Applicants must also be available for training prior to the start of the fair (date to be determined).
The CNE Haunted Walking Tour:
The tour will be entirely self-guided (people will be responsible for getting themselves from location to location), and available as a smart-phone app and audio tour. As a supplement to the tour, we will be hiring 3 performers/guides to be stationed at three specific locations and perform/present additional ghost stories and historical information to visitors—on four evenings during the fair, at pre-determined show-times.
- Memorizing a script and performing/presenting it to a public audience
- Being familiar and comfortable with the supplementary material (provided to you)
- Answering questions about the CNE ghost stories, history, and current programming
- Engaging, confident, and reliable.
- Great stage presence
- Ability to work with no/very little direct supervision
- Customer service experience an asset.
- Compensation: $15-$17/hour
Deadline: 5pm, Friday, July 27th, 2012.
Questions about duties/exhibits should be directed to Alicia – contact information below.
Applications must include a resume and cover letter and should be addressed to:
Exhibit Coordinator, CNE
210 Princes’ Boulevard, Exhibition Place