Hart House Theatre is now accepting submissions for its November 2012 production of William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet Directed by: Jeremy Hutton
To request an audition, please email your headshot and resume to the attention of the General Manager, Doug Floyd @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions: Friday September 7, 2012 (Early submissions are encouraged!)
Only those contacted for an audition will be seen.
- Audition dates – Sept. 11-13, 2012
- Callbacks will be held on Sept. 16, 2012
The non-equity, non-paying production runs Nov. 7 – 24, 2012.
- We strongly encourage actors of all ethnic backgrounds to audition.
- All roles are available.
- We are considering both men and women for the title roles.
- Please prepare one Shakespearean monologue, no longer than two minutes.
- Please be familiar with the play; you may be asked to read from it.
All auditions will be held at Hart House – 7 Hart House Circle, University of Toronto
About Romeo and Juliet
As the best known love story in the English language, Romeo and Juliet celebrates the contrast between comedy and tragedy, the futility of conflict and the power of love to unite. Hart House Theatre is proud to continue its tradition of producing high-calibre and accessible classics with Romeo and Juliet: an icon of love and passion against all odds, containing the world’s most beautiful on the subject.
About Hart House Theatre
Hart House Theatre, established in 1919, is the University of Toronto’s Performing Arts Leader. Since its inception, the theatre’s unique mix of young professionals, alumni, and students has garnered the theatre a reputation as not only a cultural destination for the U of T community but one for all of Toronto.