We are looking for four different designs of visual art (any medium, ie. painting, photography, graphic design, etc…) to go on postcards. These postcards will be distributed during performances throughout various locations of the GTA.
All submissions must be electronic, but all visual mediums are accepted. Proposals can be new or existing works as long as the proposals reflect the project(s) you are applying for.
Visual Artists may submit for more than one design, however please submit a different design/idea for each postcard.
Hope Blitz is a group of emerging performance artists who have been invited to be a part of Theatre Passe Muraille’s TPM Everywhere Guerilla Theatre initiative that is a part of their Theatre Beyond Walls Season.
We will be performing three different pieces: movement/installation, clown, and shadow puppetry pieces; periodically through out the fall in various public spaces of the Greater Toronto Area. In addition to these pieces, at every performance postcards will be given out that reflect the themes of the pieces, and the city we live in. The postcards will have “My hope for the city of Toronto is…” on the back of the postcard.
“We imagine a city where there are no walls between us. We imagine a city where the cultural institutions are more engaged with the people and the people are more engaged with the culture. We imagine a city where regardless of creed, colour, socioeconomic status, proximity or profession, the theatre would be accessible to all. We imagine a city whose citizens have the opportunity to create, the opportunity to enjoy, and the opportunity to participate in theatre. We imagine it is our role to move toward this vision of our city.” – Andy McKim Artistic Director Theatre Passe Muraille
About the four designs for postcards:
- HopeBlitz: A reflection of hope in Toronto.
- The Plunderers: In a futuristic Toronto, the city has been over-run by corporations who have patented and obtained ownership over human emotions. In a time where corporations are the literal owners of the world…how can hope exist?
- What’s Yours is Mine INC. Clown piece: A playful look at public vs. private space in Toronto, and an attempt to claim that space.
- Untitled Shadow puppetry piece: A fantastic journey of searching for the hope that can unify us to dream of a new world.
Requirements for submissions:
1-4 JPG images (1 for each postcard) submitted electronically. Please specify which postcard you are submitting for. All submissions should also include an artist bio and contact information.
Who can apply?
How to apply:
What do I get if my submission is chosen?
- A small honorarium
- A link to your website (if applicable)
- A chance to get your art work seen by over 2000 citizens of the city of Toronto
Deadline for submissions: Monday, August 27th, 2012
The artists will be notified via email on Saturday, September 1st, 2012.
Questions or Information:
Contact: Joseph Recinos at email@example.com