The Toronto Alliance for the Perfoming Arts (TAPA) is seeking an emerging videographer for an exciting new initiative.
TAPA’s hipTIX program sells $5 student tickets to theatre shows across Toronto. Our new initiative, the hipTIX Youth Invasion, is a video series which invites youth to interview theatre artists and designers or create a review of certain plays which offer hipTIX. We are looking for an emerging videographer looking for experience and exposure to film and edit our upcoming video. This video will be part of Theatre Development Fund’s new initiative, the online Theatre Dictionary (www.theatredictionary.org). The video will be part of their launch in October which will give wide exposure, especially across the U.S.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate youth filming (possibly around school time)
- Available to film the Theatre Dictionary video in the last week of August or first week of September, 2012 (video is no longer than 90 seconds, and filming would not take more than 2 hours)
- Able to provide your own equipment
- Open to and comfortable working with youth (approx. ages 13-21)
- Able to fully edit the video by mid September
- $75 honourarium. Future opportunities to work as the hipTIX video series resident videographer may be available for discussion after completion of the first video.
How to Apply:
Please email Tamara Weisz at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing interest. Include a resume and a sample of your work if applicable. Questions may be answered Mon-Thurs, 9:30am-5:30pm by phone at 416-536-6468 ext 21.