Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is seeking a Special Events Assistant for its annual fundraising auction, ARTATTACK! This role is ideally suited for an early career arts administrator looking to gain experience in event management and
The successful candidate will work closely with Buddies senior management, primarily the Director of Development and the Manager of Communications, to organize the company’s signature fundraising event on November 22, 2012. We are looking for someone with a keen attention to detail and the ability to balance the needs several complex and ongoing tasks.
This is a part-time, 12-week contract (September 10 – November 30) averaging 25 hours a week. There will be an increased time commitment in the weeks leading up to the event.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references by 5pm on Thursday, August 30 to the attention of:
Director of Development
- Develop and compile information on all live and silent auction items
- General administrative duties: data entry, phones, letter writing, copy proofing/editing, etc.
- Coordinate proper recognition and event presence for sponsors
- Relationship management of donors, sponsors and art donations
- Assist with creation of auction catalogue
- Arranging Pick Up and/or Delivery of donated items
- Help with set up and display of auction items
- Involvement with creating running order and script for the event
- Manage VIP guest list
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Supervise volunteers on the night of the event
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Development and/or administrative experience
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Special event knowledge – volunteer or otherwise
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with Keynote (similar to PowerPoint) an asset