Education and Outreach Intern – School Tour and GrimmFest
(September to December 2012)
The Canadian Opera Company education and outreach team is looking for an intern who will actively support the COC’s Xstrata Ensemble Studio School Tour (touring operas for children in Kindergarten to Grade 6) and GrimmFest (a week-long celebration of the operas inspired by the fairytales collected by the Brothers Grimm) between September and December 2012.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the touring schedule for the two School Tour operas
- Co-ordinating feedback packages for educators
- Maintaining documents and spreadsheets that track program feedback and statistics
- Reviewing and archiving show reports for the School Tour
- Assisting with the ongoing promotion of the School Tour and GrimmFest
- Writing blog posts and contributing to other COC social media initiatives surrounding the School Tour and GrimmFest
- Co-ordinating and training volunteers for the School Tour dress rehearsals and GrimmFest activities
- Assisting with event planning, including the 500th performance celebration party for the Xstrata Ensemble Studio School Tour production of The Brothers Grimm during GrimmFest
- Assisting at workshops and events associated with the School Tour and GrimmFest
- Maintaining the education and outreach database
- Other related projects as necessary
The ideal candidate will be approachable and friendly with strong communication skills, both written and oral; have excellent attention to detail; the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; and the availability to work a minimum of three days a week for four to six hours. Familiarity with the Adobe Suite and Office Suite and a background in arts education and/or administration is an asset.
As compensation, the intern will be offered BMO Financial Group Student dress rehearsal tickets and some travel expenses.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Education and Outreach
Canadian Opera Company
227 Front St. E., Toronto, ON M5A 1E8
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 416-363-5584
Closing date: Thursday, September 20, 2012, at 5 p.m.
For more information about the Xstrata Ensemble Studio School Tour, GrimmFest and all of the COC’s education and outreach initiatives, please visit our website coc.ca/Explore, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.