MENTOR: Rebecca Peirson, Director of Marketing and Audience Development / Company Publicist
DEADLINE TO APPLY: September 21, 2012
Rebecca develops Nightwood Theatre’s seasonal promotional, marketing and PR plans and budgets. She develops strategies to maintain and develop audiences, and is the company publicist. Rebecca is involved in the creation and distribution of all marketing materials, manages electronic communiqué and coordinates group events.
- October 15, 2012 to January 31, 2013 (3 1/2 months)
- 1 – 2 days per week
- Must be knowledgeable about video editing techniques, equipment, and software, particularly Final Cut Pro.
- Must be familiar with graphic editing programs including Motion & Photoshop.
- Shooting experience. Using Sony EX1 cameras would be an asset.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate ideas orally and in writing.
- Must know how to effectively operate video editing systems and related equipment.
- Must have a very good command of editing and storytelling.
- Ability to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment.
- Works with Nightwood staff to conceive of video content for our company blog
- Film and Edit features to be shown on our blog (one to two videos produced per month)
- The Videographer Intern will complete their residency having developed a hands-on understanding of theatre marketing vis a vis video promotion
- Free tickets and other perks depending on span of internship
- Opportunities to give and receive feedback in an educational and supportive setting
- A letter of reference upon Internship completion
If you are interested in applying for the Videographer Internship with Nightwood please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter no later than September 21, 2012. No phone calls please.