Job Code: 1773
Department: Arts Programming
# of openings: 1
Employment Tenure: Permanent
The Banff Centre is looking for a Grants Administrator to prepare arts and research focused grant applications. If you have strong writing and communication skills, are creative in identifying and delivering on new and existing funding possibilities, with a knack for building successful relationships, this role would be a great opportunity for you to help shape arts and culture in Canada and the World.
- Research new grants, coordinate information and assist in writing proposals, manage database, and reporting and financial analysis associated with major multi-disciplinary funding portfolios
- Works closely with Arts programming directors and managers on the interpretation and development of grants and is responsible for preparing the submission of final reports and financial close-out arrangements in accordance with the Centre and the Funder.
- Ensures that public funding grant proposals are in compliance with government policies and procedures and applicable Banff Centre policies and procedures
- Recommends and negotiates contractual requirements of awards and contract
- Performs executive assistant duties for the Vice President, Arts and the Director, Government Relations, primarily involving research or project work
The Ideal Candidate
- Brings a degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in the management and administration of public funding grant proposals and reporting of significant complexity including financial analysis
- Excellent writing and editing skills and strong attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills to seek, obtain, and maintain cooperation and relationships with diverse internal colleagues and external government officials/agencies
- Familiarity with FileMaker Pro is considered an asset
- Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check through the local R.C.M.P. detachment, verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be made.
- In accordance with the terms of employment governing Management/PSP employees, this is a salaried, permanent position, subject to a 12-month probationary period.
The annual salary for this position ranges between $48,166 and $52,985 depending on experience, based on a 35 hour work week.
The Banff Centre offers a comprehensive benefits package to all of its full time salaried employees. For more information please visit our benefits page.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please submit your application online via The Banff Centre careers website as per below.
- For new applicants, click ‘Apply for this Position’ and complete the application for employment. Please upload your cover letter (quoting the appropriate position title) and resume in either .doc or .pdf format.
- For previous applicants, log into your profile using your email address and password, then click on the browse button to upload your cover letter (quoting the appropriate position title) and resume in either .doc or .pdf format.
We are accepting applications for this position until September 23, 2012.