Friends, Fringers, Countrypersons, and Internationalists,
We’re so excited for the 25th annual Fringe and hope you are too. This year’s dates are July 3-14, 2013.
Our mandate continues to be simple: we enable access to creative opportunities for anyone who wants to tell a story and anyone who wants to hear one. The Fringe isn’t just a talent market or a stepping stone, it’s a place to express and challenge yourself and challenge those around you, and most importantly to take risks.
The Toronto Fringe is a member of the Canadian Association of Fringe® Festivals (CAFF) and, as such, our summer festival operates under the four guiding principles of CAFF:
- Participants are selected on a non-juried basis, through a lottery or first-come/first-served process.
- 100% of the ticket revenue is returned to the artist.
- Fringe Festival producers have no control over the artistic content of any show.
- Festivals must provide an easily accessible opportunity for all audiences and all artists to participate.
For your part, we’re calling on you to keep challenging us, keep bringing us art that is relevant and exciting, and that represents the diversity of our community. There’s room for everything at the Fringe, from mainstream offerings ready to be picked up by impresarios to sublingual interpretive body poetry. Your voice is important, and we want to give it a home.
Good luck with the lottery and with your art!
- The Fringe
Lottery Application Fee: $27.50 (pre-tax $24.33)
Regular and Full Site Specific: $750 (pre-tax $663.72)
Fringekids!: $650 (pre-tax $575.22)
Read the lottery rules for more information
- September 20th: applications available online
- November 5th: application deadline (5pm)
- November 26th: lottery at Theatre Passe Muraille, 7 – 9pm
- November 27th: participation fees must be post dated to this date
The 25th Fringe Festival runs from July 3-14, 2013.