Start Date: September 2008
Reporting to the Front of House (FOH) Manager. This is a part-time hourly position. Given the nature of the responsibilities, this position is an afternoon and evening position.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN STAGE COMPANY:
Nationally and internationally acclaimed, The Canadian Stage Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit, contemporary theatre company committed to presenting the best in Canadian and international drama, comedy and musical theatre year-round. Located in Toronto, the Company has three distinctive venues: the 876-seat Bluma Appel Theatre, the 244 and 168-seat Berkeley Street Theatres, and the 1000-seat Dream in High Park, an outdoor amphitheatre featuring Shakespearean classics each summer. Canadian Stage is dedicated to attracting and developing the best artists and plays. The Company is also committed to educating and developing audiences and to the promotion and training of artists through a variety of outreach programs. For more information, refer to www.canstage.com.
Reports directly to the Front of House Manager.
- On site duty manager working with stage management, staff and volunteers
- Reporting of all theatre/building maintenance issues
- Supervision of all events on the Berkeley site
- Deliver an exemplary level of customer service to Canadian Stage Company patrons
- Ensure customer safety and satisfaction
- Nightly reports of FOH activities and all revenues
IDEAL PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Superior customer service skills
- Experience working in a front of house environment
- Demonstrated experience with a high level of responsibility
- Experience supervising staff and volunteers
- Superb organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy, creativity, a collaborative spirit, and the cultural sensitivity needed to work effectively in a diverse environment of artists, producers, and creative and management teams
- A passion for the performing arts and the desire to be part of a vibrant Canadian contemporary theatre company
- Willingness and comfort in working evenings and weekends, including the responsibility for locking and securing the Berkeley Street Theatres
- Bar/concession experience and Smart Serve Certification preferred
- Up-to-date First Aid/CPR training is mandatory
Apply in confidence by Friday, August 22, 2007.
Interested candidates should apply in writing, including a cover letter and CV detailing all relevant experience to:
Berkeley Street Theatre Front of House and Dream Site Manager
The Canadian Stage Company
26 Berkeley Street
Toronto, ON M5A 2W3
416-367-8243 ext. 273