Job Ref. # 08F36-TAPA
Number of vacancies: 1
Harbourfront Centre, on Toronto’s waterfront, is an innovative non-profit cultural organization which creates, for a diverse public, events and activities of excellence that enliven, educate and entertain. Working in partnership with various communities, Harbourfront Centre nurtures and supports educational and recreational activity as well as contemporary artistic creation through showcasing Canadian and international talent. Our year-round operation offers some 4000 internationally acclaimed events ranging from music, literary and theatrical festivals to children’s activities and craft workshops. Harbourfront Centre is one of Toronto’s most popular tourist attractions, drawing more than 3 million visitors and contributing over $126 million to the local economy annually.
Currently an employment opportunity exists in our Marketing Department for a full time Senior Project Coordinator. Reporting to the Manager of Marketing, this position is responsible for project coordination, editing and trafficking of marketing materials, and devising and implementing critical paths for marketing projects.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and implement timelines and critical paths for all marketing plans and materials. Coordinate scheduling, processing and trafficking of marketing projects
- Maintain centralized overview of each project’s status for the information of all participants through an on-line project management system; keep strict adherence to deadlines and ensure all parties are aware of timelines
- Submit all dockets to Graphics Department, review their output, make corrections and circulate to appropriate programming, production, planning and sponsorship participants; route projects for approvals, and compile changes
- Distribute all materials across site and delivery off-site; maintain up-to-date lists
- Liaise with departments and outside groups to coordinate efficient and timely project processing
- Coordinate all site and event signage including scheduling, installation and replacement
- Submit requests for printing quotes
- Prepare marketing evaluation report at end of each campaign
- Assist other team members as required
The ideal candidate will have a post secondary education in marketing and/or communications with a minimum of 3 years work experience in the arts or a related field, or an advertising/marketing agency. He/she must have outstanding organization and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines. The incumbent must be a creative thinker and problem solver, accurate and very detail oriented. He/she must possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills to deal tactfully and diplomatically with a wide variety of people. Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office) and keyboarding are required. He/she must be flexible, able to work some evenings and weekends, and thrive in a challenging and collaborative work environment. Experience in the not-for-profit cultural sector would be considered an asset.
Qualified applicants must apply by OCTOBER 10, 2008
Please send your resume quoting Job Ref. # 08F36-TAPA to:
Human Resources, 235 Queens Quay West
Toronto, ON M5J 2G8
Fax (416) 973-1003
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.harbourfrontcentre.com
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.