BUY ONE TICKET, GET ONE FREE! Due to popular demand, Robert Lepage will appear live on stage for 2 nights only in Eonnagata. This innovative production brings together three of the world’s foremost creative minds: internationally acclaimed dancer Sylvie Guillem, world-renowned theatre-maker Robert Lepage and award-winning choreographer Russell Maliphant. Featuring elaborate costumes created by the late Alexander McQueen. 2 nights only – November 18 & 19 at 8pm at the Sony Centre For The Performing Arts.
Buy ONE Ticket, Get ONE Free! Call 416.872.2262 or Click Here and use code 2FOR1. Limited availability. Not valid on previously purchased tickets.
Rogue and Peasant Theatre Company would like to offer all TAPA members a 2-for-1 ticket deal to see Steven Dietz’s astonishing play Private Eyes at the Lower Ossington Theatre until November 21st. To reserve your tickets, call 416-915-6747 x222 and quote the “TAPA” rate!
Private Eyes is a comedy of suspicion where nothing is ever quite what it seems. Matthew’s wife, Lisa, is having an affair with her British theatre director Adrian. Or is the affair part of the play they are rehearsing? Or has Matthew just imagined the whole thing in order to have something to report to Frank, his therapist. And then there is Cory – the mysterious women who seems to shadow the others – who brings the story to a surprising conclusion. Or does she? The audience will be playing the role of detective in this hilarious play about love, lust and the power of deception that will engage your heart and mind.
Robert Crew (The Toronto Star) says: “David Rosser’s Matthew is sunny, energetic and engaging and Nora Sheehan… brings some unexpected warmth and humanity…”
For more information visit www.roguetheatre.org
Job Ref. # 10F25-TAPA
Number of vacancies: 1
Harbourfront Centre, on Toronto’s waterfront, is an innovative non-profit cultural organization which creates, for a diverse public, events and activities of excellence that enliven, educate and entertain. Working in partnership with various communities, Harbourfront Centre nurtures and supports educational and recreational activity as well as contemporary artistic creation through showcasing Canadian and international talent. Our year-round operation offers some 4000 internationally acclaimed events ranging from music, literary and theatrical festivals to children’s activities and craft workshops. Harbourfront Centre is one of Toronto’s most popular tourist attractions, drawing more than 3 million visitors and contributing over $126 million to the local economy annually.
Currently an employment opportunity exists in our Marketing Department for a full time Manager, Marketing. Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Media Relations, this position will develop marketing strategies and programmes to meet organizational objectives and to increase ticket sales and audience attendance at the Harbourfront Centre site and its programmes; drive the execution of the marketing plans and strategies; and direct the day to day activities of the staff and department.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develops and recommends goals, objectives and strategies for the Marketing department to promote Harbourfront Centre programmes and activities and to market the 10-acre site as a destination.
- Functions as the driving force to ensure complete implementation and successful operation of marketing and design processes.
- Plans, coordinates and evaluates the activities, programmes and services of the department to ensure its effective operation.
- Develops programme and project marketing strategies and plans and supervises the implementation.
- Working in cooperation with the New Media group in Design Communications, aggressively leads the Marketing department in the development and implementation of new media strategies as a primary marketing tool, while maintaining and utilizing traditional print and electronic media campaigns
- Supervises the activities of the marketing staff responsible for the execution of the marketing plan, services and functions of the department
- Works closely with the Director of Marketing and Media Relations and meets with various department representatives to discuss issues of mutual concern, coordinate efforts, develop action plans and/or marketing advice.
- Manages working relationships with Design Communications, Marketing Promotions, Sponsorship and Fundraising departments to successfully integrate their needs and processes in all Marketing implementations.
- Develops and manages the Marketing department budgets.
- Measures results and evaluates the effectiveness of the marketing plan for each programme and project upon completion.
- Uses Tessitura Ticketing System to obtain data for ticket sales analysis, developing strategic campaigns and information capture
- Keeps current on marketing trends and tactics. Liaises with Marketing departments of local cultural organizations as well as national and international organizations of a similar nature.
The ideal candidate will have a post secondary degree in marketing and 6-10 years experience in progressively responsible marketing positions. The incumbent must be a creative thinker with problem solving skills and constant desire to improve existing processes or develop new ones. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are required to deal collaboratively with a wide variety of people and diverse communities. He/she must have strong project management and organizational skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines. Extensive experience working with print, electronic and ethno-culturally diverse media, and a sound background in web-based marketing campaigns and social media outlets are required. He/she must have previous supervisory experience with the ability to develop, motivate and inspire staff. An understanding of the not-for-profit cultural or arts sector and community-based organizations will be an asset.
Qualified applicants must apply by December 03, 2010
Please send your resume quoting Job Ref. # 10F25-TAPA to:
Human Resources, 235 Queens Quay West
Toronto, ON M5J 2G8
Fax (416) 973-1003
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply
Factory Theatre’s Studio Theatre is open March 14-28, and May 18 to June 5, 2011. Only $2500 a week (there is some opportunity for negotiation), this full flexible black box seats 100 and rental includes 40 hour of technical support, box office services, front of house and bar… we would love to book this intimate space with a remarkable production.
Please call Sara Meurling at 416 504.4473 ex 222 to discuss your production needs for later this season or for the coming year.