The Toronto International Film Festival is now accepting volunteer applications for Festival ’11! Discover the Festival Volunteer experience – be a part of the excitement and electricity that fills the city every September! Apply at tiff.net/volunteer before the application closes!
All new volunteers are required to apply online. Staff in the Volunteer Office will review every application and accepted applicants will be invited to attend one mandatory orientation session (taking place on several dates throughout August 2011) to conduct a brief interview and complete the application process.
All new Festival volunteers must:
- be eighteen years of age or older
- apply to volunteer by completing the TIFF Festival ‘11 online application form and attend a mandatory volunteer orientation session
- submit a current resumé with telephone contact information for two references
- commit to completing a minimum of four shifts (limit one shift per day; individual shift lengths will vary)
- be prepared to attend all mandatory training sessions, where applicable (training session dates and times are determined and communicated to the appropriate volunteers some time after the initial registration process is complete)
- have good English-language comprehension and strong verbal communication
- be friendly, helpful team players who are supportive, respectful and professional when working with a diverse and talented group of volunteers and staff!
Applications are accepted based on our minimum volunteer requirements as noted above, and additional applicable skills, knowledge and experience. Please note that the number of new volunteers accepted in a given year is dependent upon the number of positions that are available. (You will be able to copy and paste your resumé into the application form.)
Should you have any additional questions about volunteering, please don’t hesitate to send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Volunteer Hotline at: (416) 934-5846. Subscribe to up-to-date news from the Volunteer Office at http://www.tiff.net/abouttiff/volunteer/newsletter!