Internship: Education and Community Outreach Intern
TERM: Full-Time Internship; April 16 – June 29 (start date to be negotiated)
LOCATION: 111 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON
Now in its sixth year, Luminato is an annual ten-day celebration of the arts running from June 8-17, 2012, where Toronto’s stages, streets, and public spaces are infused with theatre, dance, classical and contemporary music, film, literature, visual arts, and design.
Luminato is designed to showcase Toronto’s bustling downtown core and the cultural renaissance transforming the city’s renowned concert halls, galleries, museum collections, and performing arts companies. Luminato brings Toronto’s light to the world, and the world’s light to Toronto.
Luminato is looking for a dynamic and highly qualified person to assist with the Festival’s Education & Community Outreach programs and initiatives. Building on the Festival’s commitment to accessibility, the Luminato Education & Outreach Programs offer multi-disciplinary arts experiences for students, teachers, youth and families. Workshops, artist-in-the-school programs, community and youth arts projects and discussions encourage interactive participation and meaningful engagement with the Festival’s programming.
The Education & Community Outreach Intern will provide support to the Education & Community Outreach department while reporting to the assisting with artist-residency projects, school programs, professional development workshops for teachers, and day-to-day administrative duties.
As a vital part of the Luminato Education & Community Outreach team, the ideal candidate will work closely with, and report directly to the Education & Community Outreach Coordinator.
Ideal candidates will have a background in the arts or arts education and an interest in arts administration.
Core areas of responsibility:
- Assist the Education and Outreach Coordinator with organizing and coordinating school, youth and artist residency projects, artist-in-the-school programs, family programs, and community outreach initiatives.
- Assist the Education and Coordinator with implementing all Education & Outreach programs and providing on-site support for workshop facilitators
- Documentation – writing content, taking photos, noting curriculum and helping to coordinate blogging for the department
- Maintaining related databases of partners and participant
- Setting up and providing support for workshops in school, and for youth programs
- General administration
- Evening and weekend hours will be required
The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of the arts community and arts education, with relevant academic background and work/volunteer experience. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, along with effective organizational skills, with strong attention to detail, are essential.
Please send a resume and cover letter (Word or PDF documents only) to Carys Lewis at email@example.com with “Education and Outreach Intern” in the subject line by 5:00 PM on Monday, March 26, 2012.
We thank all those who apply; however, due to the volume of applications only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer.