Assistant Box Office/Front of House Manager, Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
Position Type: full-time salary
Department: Box Office
Start Date: July 03, 2012
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, a not for profit, professional theatre company dedicated to the promotion of Queer Canadian Culture, is accepting applications for the entry level position of:
- Assistant Box Office/Front of the House Manager.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to join the team at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, Canada’s Home for Queer Culture. Reporting to the Box Office/Front of House Manager Manager, the Assistant Box Office/Front of House Manager will be responsible for managing box office staff, order processing and overseeing general box office operations at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre.
- Promote high standards of customer service
- Process ticket orders
- Lead, train and supervise Ticket Agents
- Inform and uphold Box Office policy in alignment with organizational standards
- Manage and resolve medium level customer service concerns
- Support the Box Office Manager in the preparation of reports and schedules, as required
- Supervise day to day Box Office operations
- Oversee and schedule the theatres volunteer program
- Assists with financial reconciliations and cash management
- Provide support and show specific information to all patrons in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to deal with customers in a positive manner
- Act as duty manager in the absence of the Box Office/Front of House Manager
- Equivalent work experience and appreciation for the Arts
- Cash management experience required
- Must be dependable, punctual, team player
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Adept with PCs with Windows OS and MS Word and MS Excel software
- Is queer positive and is respectful of difference
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced, high stress environment
Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 2 references by 5pm on Friday June 1, 2012, EMAIL OR FAX to the attention of Barry Higgins, Box Office/Front of House Manager at 416-975-9293 or email@example.com.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential. Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.