Organization: Annex Children’s Theatre in Education
Application Deadline: June 10, 2012
Position: Drama, Dance,Vocal, Set/Costume Instructors for Musical Theatre Summer Camp
Salary: Based on experience
Start Date: July 3-August 24th, 2012
ACTE, (Annex Children’s Theatre in Education), is looking to hire experienced musical theatre instructors and a theatre production instructor for its ACTE’s Performing Arts Summer Day Camp. We are looking for: a) a drama teacher/director, b) an experienced vocal instructor who can also accompany on the piano, c) a dance teacher/choreographer, d) a theatre production instructor who is comfortable with scenic painting/sewing costumes/ and making props.
Instructors must be available to teach 4 two week camps starting July 3rd and ending August 24th, 2012. The hours are from Monday to Friday 8:45am to 4 pm. The instructors will be in charge of co-teaching and co-directing up to 40 young people between the ages of 6-13 and will work with them towards a full-scale musical theatre production that will be performed in a theatre at the end of each session.
The ideal candidate should:
- Enjoy working and have previous experience teaching drama, dance, voice, and or art to young people (ages 6 to 13).
- Have previous experience directing young people in a musical theatre presentation.
- Possess a theatre related degree or be enrolled in a post- secondary musical theatre/drama/vocal/ dance /or theatre production program.
- Dance Instructor must have a dance background, and experience teaching and choreographing dance numbers to non-dancers/young people.
- Vocal Instructor must have vocal training, experience teaching voice to young people, and be comfortable playing the piano during rehearsals and accompany during the show.
- The Dance and Vocal instructors will need to: co-teach and co-direct the musical numbers of the show.
- Drama teacher must have experience teaching acting exercises, improvisation, and directing and blocking a show.
- Theatre Production teacher must have experience in scenic paint, sewing costumes, and making props. Experience with teaching children is an asset.
- Be willing to assist with the rest of the camp activities throughout the day.
- Have basic first aid training and be willing to have a police record check.
We are looking for individuals who are punctual, reliable, excellent communicators, organized and effective group leaders, and can be enthusiastic, energetic and inspirational with groups of young people. Having previous summer camp teaching experience is an asset.
Send Submissions To:
Ms. Michal Weinfeld
ACTE, Annex Children’s Theatre in Education, offers fun, enriching theatre courses for young people, ages 6 to 14 that encourage and promote self-expression and social growth in small, supportive, age-appropriate classes.
Annex Children’s Theatre in Education, (A.C.T.E.), is an after-school, weekend and summer camp performing arts program for children and youth. Our full range of courses includes acting techniques, musical theatre, improvisation, movie-making, stage-craft, dance, and audition preparation. Each class ends with a final performance for family and friends to see.