Call for Expressions of Interest
The Accessibility Directorate of Ontario (ADO) is pleased to announce the call for expressions of interest for this year’s round of EnAbling Change Projects. Each year the ADO sets different strategic funding priorities based on upcoming Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) requirements and the compliance needs of targeted sectors.
This year’s funding priorities are:
- Accessible Websites and Web Content: The web accessibility requirements will transform how Ontarians with disabilities find and use information. Accessible websites and web content are critical to reaching our goal of an accessible Ontario by 2025. This year, EnAbling Change will support projects that promote understanding and compliance with accessible website requirements.
- Support compliance and reporting in 2014: All across Ontario, organizations are making changes to make their business practices accessible. A key element of meeting AODA requirements is filing compliance reports with the Government of Ontario. This year, EnAbling Change will support projects to increase compliance reporting in private and not-for-profit sectors.
Projects that are completed within one year will be given priority, with the possibility of extension. As always, EnAbling Change will support the best, most innovative and most actionable project ideas. This includes ideas to spur action from industry and inspire individuals.
The EnAbling Change Program encourages collaboration and leadership. Successful applicants can expect regular participation from a wide array of accessibility experts. Ministry staff will be involved in projects on an ongoing basis and will sit on project steering committees. Organizations should demonstrate a commitment to accessibility in order to lead by example in their sector.
- Application period opens: November 29, 2013
- Application period closes: January 31, 2014
Informational Webinars for Applicants
Please join staff from the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario for an informative webinar that will provide insight into applying for this year’s EnAbling Change Program. Aimed at potential program applicants, the webinar will cover the parameters of the program, the basics of the Grants Ontario application portal, and a question and answer period with ADO staff who evaluate proposals.
Please join us on one of two dates:
- Thursday December 12, 2013, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Tuesday January 14, 2014, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
To join the webinar please visit the link below:
To submit an application or for more information please visit Grants Ontario:
EnAbling Change Program contact information:
Toll-free TTY: 1-888-335-6611