Social Media Internship – Performing Arts
January 6 – May 23, 2014
Part time / Volunteer
The Performing Arts Department at Harbourfront Centre is seeking a social media intern to join the World Stage team. The intern will gain valuable experience in a fast-paced (and fun!) production/presentation environment, and receive exposure to the international performing arts market.
World Stage is Harbourfront Centre’s signature series of groundbreaking Canadian and international contemporary theatre, dance and interdisciplinary performance projects. The 2014 season includes companies from Canada, the United States, South Africa, Finland, Sweden, Germany and the United Kingdom.
The intern will contribute to the management of social media accounts to:
- engage with local artists, productions and audiences
- generate stories on upcoming rehearsals and performances in the World Stage season
- photograph pre-show events and post-performance talkshows with presented artists
- brainstorm new ways to engage with audiences on the web
The ideal candidate will be:
- internet savvy, experienced and comfortable with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and blogging
- proficient with MS Office
- involved and/or familiar with the local performing arts scene
Please submit your resume with letter of interest and relevant social media links to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday, December 19, 2013.