Tomorrow’s Eve Theatre was founded in 1975 to explore and perform stories of women’s lives, and in doing so to promote a Feminist mandate that seeks to expand understanding and visual images of women. We strive to portray cross-generational and multi-cultural characters, while we present issues, push boundaries and propose questions…
Tomorrow’s Eve Theatre welcomes culturally and physically diverse actors.
We are currently casting the premiere production of A LIFE BEYOND DOUBT (previous working title “Connections”) by Carol Libman, Dramaturg/Director, lindi g papoff.
- Elizabeth: woman in late 30’s/early-mid 40’s, divorced, dealing with recent passing of her mother as she packs up her mother’s house. Beginning to become involved in a relationship with Tom.
- Tom: man in mid to late 40’s, widow, caring loving father of two teenage boys but secretly feels guilty regarding his wife’s death. Previously owned bookstore, now librarian and recently – though somewhat hesitantly – is becoming involved with Elizabeth.
- Marge: Tom’s neighbour, 60’s to early 70’s, retired school teacher, estranged from her daughter though she raised her grandson – now in his 20’s – who recently left home to work far from home ‘up north’. She is warm, welcoming towards Kevin, and quite protective of Tom.
- Mickey: Tom’s son, 19, fairly self-involved, typical teenage male, but close with and protective of his father and younger brother.
- Kevin: Tom’s younger son, 14, articulate, intelligent, sensitive, inquisitive and eager to get along with everyone.
Please email your interest and character along with your CV and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be contacted with exact date and time of your audition. Please also bring a hardcopy CV and headshot to your audition.
Please prepare two contrasting pieces 2-3 min. each in length. You may also be asked to cold read from the script. Auditions will be held Monday, January 6 from 5 – 10 p.m. and Wednesday, January 8 from 4 – 10 p.m. at 725 King Street West, between Bathurst and Tecumseh.
Call-backs will take place on Thurs. Jan. 9th.
The production opens March 6th, and runs through March 15th for 13 performances at Sterling Theatre in Toronto.
Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under the Equity Artists Collective form of contract.