Canadian Stage Artistic and General Director Matthew Jocelyn has announced a call for actor submissions for General Auditions for our 2014-2015 season.
Please submit a hard copy résumé and photo by 12:00pm on Tuesday January 7, 2014. Early submissions and hard copy packages are strongly preferred.
- Please note on résumé your ACTRA and Equity status and relevant training.
- Also note whether you wish to be considered for a musical or non-musical audition.
- We encourage submissions from artists of all cultural backgrounds.
- Artists currently enrolled full-time in a post secondary conservatory training program will be seen at the Theatre Ontario Showcase and therefore will not be given a separate General Audition at this time.
- Please note that actors who were given a General Audition in the last two years will not be contacted this year.
Performers selected for an audition should prepare two contrasting monologues, each under two-minutes in length. Performers selected for a musical audition should also prepare one song of his or her choosing, no more than 32-bars in length. Piano accompaniment will be provided.
Please note that performers may be asked to perform only one monologue during their audition.
We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an audition will be contacted. We are not able to respond to inquiries about the status of your submission package.
Submissions may be dropped off or mailed to:
Attn: General Auditions
Joanne Williams, Artistic and Company Manager
26 Berkeley Street, Toronto, ON M5A 2W3
Please staple your headshot to the back of your résumé. Cover letters should not be stapled.
If you are submitting electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, please remember to indicate your Name and ACTRA/Equity status, as well as your Musical/Non-musical preference in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 12:00pm on Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Early submissions are strongly preferred. Mailed packages must be post-marked by January 7, 2014.
No late submissions will be accepted. Selected candidates will be contacted no later than January 13, 2014.
No phone calls please.