Application Deadline: January 18th, 2014
Start Date: February 11th, 2014
Salary: TBD/ based on experience
princess productions was founded in 1995 by Yvonne Ng is a not for profit charitable contemporary dance organization. Since it’s inception, princess productions has commissioned, produced and presented over thirty works, including dancefilms. These works have been shown across Canada, in Australia, Ireland, Germany, China and Singapore and have received critical and commercial acclaim. Five of the works: Language, Treehouse, My past follows like dragon’s tail, Stone Velvet and Fading Shadows/Returning Echoes, STICKS garnered nine Dora Mavor Moore Award nominations for performance and choreography in 1998, 2000, 2005, and 2011.
princess productions has two main streams of activity. tiger princess dance projects which focuses on the national and international touring of the repertoire, and choreographic creation of artistic director Yvonne Ng. And dance: made in canada/fait au canada (d:mic/fac), a biennial festival which provides established and emerging contemporary dance artists an opportunity to showcase their works in a festival format.
Do you have a passion for the arts? Are you looking for a second career or something meaningful to do in your spare time? How about a second job? Looking for an opportunity to increase your experience in Arts Administration?
princess productions seeks an Administrator and Company Producer to assist in the responsibilities for planning, developing and operating of all of princess productions’ activities. The Administrator and Company Producer will report directly to the Artistic Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Together with the Artistic Director, the Administrator and Company Producer shall be responsible for the overall administration of the company.
This may include budgeting, programming, scheduling, managing contract employees, fundraising and marketing, contributing to long term and strategic planning, foundation requests, sponsorship proposals, grant research/writing/reporting.
The Administrator and Company Producer is responsible for the fiscal planning to realize the artistic programming of each season.
The Administrator and Company Producer shall be responsible for producing and overall management of each of the productions, presentations, workshops and special events of the company.
Publicity and Promotion:
The Administrator and Company Producer, together with the Artistic Director, shall plan, review and execute all marketing, promotional and publicity strategies related to the company’s season of activity.
The successful candidate must have:
- A love of dance.
- A talent for working collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A deep desire to work in an arts environment.
- A desire and passion for learning.
- A passion for sharing their love of the arts.
- A fearless attitude to new challenges.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Office: Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
Handy skills to have but not necessary:
- Broad based expertise in managing an arts organization.
- Ability to implement and oversee all programming and management of a new arts service organization.
- Experienced with grant writing and fundraising
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Experience working with volunteers, donors and corporate sponsors.
- Knowledge of web-hosting, electronic communications and database software.
This is an excellent opportunity for administrators at all stages of careers, and we welcome submissions from candidates with little experience.
How to Apply:
Please apply by forwarding a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Yvonne Ng. The interview process will include the Artistic Director and Board Members.