TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, has created the new position of full-time:
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative, community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be apart of our ever growing team, and be part of Toronto’s cultural history.
Reporting to the Director, Patron Services, the Manager, Concessions, is responsible for managing the non-restaurant food & beverage operations at TIFF Bell Lightbox to maximize revenues while promoting a superior Visitor Experience. This role oversees 1 full-time direct report, 10+ part-time reports (year-round), and ~5 seasonal reports during Festival. The Manager, Concessions is an integral part of the TIFF Patron Services management team.
- Recruitment, training, scheduling, payroll and supervision of Concessions team members.
- Maintain a high standard of visitor servicing, responding to guest issues in a timely and appropriate manner in keeping with established Visitor Experience protocol.
- Effectively manage Concessions staff to ensure smooth and efficient operation and a safe environment for all visitors.
- Ensure cleanliness of food service/storage areas and adherence to food sanitation standards.
- Provide regular updates to Concessions staff on all TIFF Bell Lightbox programming information, policies and procedures and maintain manuals.
- Responsible for managing Smart Serve policies and certifications (as applicable).
- Co-ordination of special event activities, including staffing and catering.
- Provide timely reporting to appropriate stakeholders including written operational (i.e. shift, inventory, perishables), post-mortem, staff and incident reports.
- Analysis of sales/cost-of-goods reports and annual budget preparation.
- Reconciliation of cash receipts, preparation of deposits and payment of invoices.
- Ordering, receiving and inventory of stock, including alcohol.
- Participate with the Visitor Experience Director in the development of new business strategies to meet revenue goals, including menu sourcing, pricing and incentives.
- Capital equipment maintenance and renewal.
- Request, supervise and train volunteers where necessary.
- Other duties as required.
Start Date: February, 2014
- Post secondary education (arts management or hospitality preferred) or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years of management experience in a high-volume concessions, catering, and/or food & beverage retail operation.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities along with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- SmartServe certification.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment with long stretches standing up.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and react quickly to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinker and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills (Internet research skills, spreadsheets, database applications).
- Knowledge of a retail POS software system (‘CounterPoint’ is an asset).
- Strong cash handling skills.
- Management experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Ongoing curiosity and awareness of concessions industry trends.
- Interest in film, non-profits, arts and culture is considered an asset.
- Ability to work evenings, Saturdays and Sundays on a weekly basis.
Please submit cover letter, résumé and the names and phone numbers of three references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Friday, January 17th, 2014 to the attention of Hiring Committee: Manager, Concessions
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.