4th Line Theatre, an outdoor theatre company located in Millbrook, Ont., is currently looking for an Assistant Stage Manager for the 2014 summer season.
Start date: May 26, 2014
End date: August 1, 2014 (10 weeks)
- The candidate must be a student returning to school, preferably in a theatre school programme or university equivalent.
- The successful candidate will be creative, curious and passionate about theatre and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- He/she has extensive stage management experience and is able to work well under pressure.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License and clean driving abstract are required.
- A car is an asset.
- Must enjoy working outdoors.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- The ASM has a twofold responsibility. During the rehearsal period, the ASM operates as the Stage Manager’s assistant helping set up and strike rehearsal furniture and props, taking down line notes, prompting actors, etc. as per the SM’s instructions during Technical, Dress Rehearsals and performances, the ASM is responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the backstage area the ASM/ is stationed backstage and supervises and/or participates in all scenery changes and any props and/or costume changes as needed assisting the director during rehearsals communicating with cast and crew and theatre administration.
4th Line Theatre is an award-winning outdoor theatre company that presents regionally-based, environmentally-staged, historical dramas. Our performance venue is located on the Winslow farm, just outside of Millbrook, Ontario. To find out more about 4th Line Theatre and the upcoming summer season, please visit our website www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca
Please send a resume and cover letter by January 25, 2014 to:
Lindy Powell, Artistic Administrator
c/o 4th Line Theatre
P.O. Box 403 Millbrook, ON L0A 1G0
If applying by email, please note the position title in the subject line of your email.