4th Line Theatre, an outdoor theatre company located in Millbrook, Ont., is currently looking for an Assistant to the Costume Designer for the 2014 summer season.
Start date: May 28, 2014
End date: Aug 6, 2014 (10 weeks)
- Must have strong sewing/building skills.
- The candidate must be a student returning to school in the fall. Preference will be given to students in theatre school programmes.
- The successful candidate will be creative, curious and passionate about theatre and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s G License and a vehicle are a requirement.
- Must enjoy working outdoors
Responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Costume Designer to design, create and purchase costumes and accessories for the production.
- Liaising with the director and Costume Designer about creative concepts, establishing the look and feel of the production and its characters, deciding what each character wishes to convey through his/her clothing (time period, setting, status/social class, age, geographic region, etc.)
- Sketching designs by hand and sometimes using computer programs such as Photoshop or computer-aided design (CAD).
- Arranging costume fittings, taking actors’ measurements for garments and accessories, such as wigs, shoes and hats.
- Shopping at fabric, craft, charity, and clothes shops.
4th Line Theatre is an award-winning outdoor theatre company that presents regionally-based, environmentally-staged, historical dramas. Our performance venue is located on the Winslow farm, just outside of Millbrook, Ontario. To find out more about 4th Line Theatre and the upcoming summer season, please visit our website www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca
Please send a resume and cover letter by January 25, 2014 to:
Lindy Powell, Artistic Administrator
c/o 4th Line Theatre
P.O. Box 403 Millbrook, ON L0A 1G0
If applying by email, please note the position title in the subject line of your email