4th Line Theatre, an outdoor theatre company located in Millbrook, Ont., is currently looking for a Stage Manager for its production of Dr. Barnardo’s Children.
Start date: May 26, 2014
End date: July 26, 2014 (9 weeks)
- The ideal candidate has stage management experience and/or post-secondary training in theatre.
- He/she is highly organized and is able to work well under pressure and multi-task.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License and clean driving abstract are also required.
- Ideal for a returning student.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Work closely with the Creative and Production teams.
- Attend all rehearsals and production meetings.
- Organizing, supervising, and calling rehearsals and ensuring that rehearsals start promptly and goals are achieved. Maintain Production contact lists. Ensure distribution of daily communications, memos for other departments, and record details of scene work.
- Ensure rehearsal and backstage areas are clean, safe, ready for rehearsals, shows, and for warm-ups. Securing the readiness and placement of the set and props for shows.
- Administrate daily rehearsal records, production memos, write and file show reports. Assembling and maintaining the SM prompt book.
4th Line Theatre is an award-winning outdoor theatre company that presents regionally-based, environmentally-staged, historical dramas. Our performance venue is located on the Winslow farm, just outside of Millbrook, Ontario. To find out more about 4th Line Theatre and the upcoming summer season, please visit our website www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca
Please send a resume and cover letter by January 25, 2014 to:
Lindy Powell, Artistic Administrator
c/o 4th Line Theatre
P.O. Box 403 Millbrook, ON L0A 1G0
If applying by email, please note the position title in the subject line of your email.