The mission of The Glenn Gould Foundation is to honour Glenn Gould’s spirit and legacy by celebrating brilliance, promoting creativity and transforming lives through the power of music and the arts with the Foundation’s signature activities, including The Glenn Gould Prize.
The Glenn Gould Prize is awarded to an individual for a unique lifetime contribution that has enriched the human condition through the arts. The Glenn Gould Prize promotes the vital connection between artistic excellence and the transformation of lives.
For more information, visit our web site: www.glenngould.ca
The Glenn Gould Foundation is looking for a temporary full-time Administration and Development Coordinator.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Time of engagement will include peak periods of event production and may require extended working hours possibly including evenings and week-ends.
The Administration and Development Coordinator is responsible for the management of our small creative office as well as for assisting the Executive Director in implementing development/fundraising activities and assisting the Director of Operations in event preparation.
- General administrative tasks and office management,
- Arrange Board and Committee meetings, prepare materials, attend and take and prepare minutes,
- Provide support with financial administration as the main liaison with the bookkeeper, including: maintenance of accounts payable and receivable, banking, allocations for bookkeeping, Visa reconciliations and credit card processing,
- Prepare and monitor budgets,
- Prepare sponsorship & fundraising materials,
- Support cultivation and stewardship of donors and members, including ongoing solicitation and renewal mailings and preparation of tax receipts in accordance with CRA requirements,
- Database management,
- Research and maintain data in confidence,
- Support grant writing and funding research,
- Respond to inquiries,
- Assist Executive Director with other fundraising duties as required,
- Assist team with other administrative, fundraising & event organization duties as required.
This position is suited for a highly-motivated individual with a minimum of 3 years experience, ideally in the non-profit/arts sector and preferably with office management, fundraising, governance and Board administration experience. The candidate must be comfortable working in a small open concept office environment.
- Superior customer service skills,
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly numerate, and well-developed organizational skills,
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and troubleshoot,
- Excellent verbal and written communication,
- Excellent people skills, dependable with stakeholders,
- Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office in a Mac-based office,
- Experience budgeting,
- Demonstrated use of database systems,
- Familiarity with governance and Board administration,
- Flexible, capable of multi-tasking,
- Experience with corporate sponsorship and major gift fundraising, and grantwriting (government and foundation) an asset,
- General knowledge of music and arts an asset.
How to submit
Application deadline: Friday, January 24, 2014, however, please note that this position may be filled prior to the deadline if a suitable candidate has been identified.
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume with phone numbers of 3 references BY EMAIL ONLY addressed to Brian Levine, Executive Director, Re: Administration and Development Coordinator followed by your name in the subject line.
No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are confidential