The Sony Centre For The Performing Arts and Ticketmaster Canada are seeking individuals to fill the position of Part-time Box Office seller at the Sony Centre For The Performing Arts in downtown Toronto.
Reporting to the Manager of Box Office Services and the Assistant Box Office Manager, this position includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct in-person ticket, package and gift certificate sales at the Box Office location using the Ticketmaster computer system
- Balance and account for cash and credit card receipts from sales transactions
- Provide exceptional front line customer service and problem solving to the ticket buying public
- Organize and distribute “will-call” tickets
- Foster and maintain a positive and proactive attitude toward the company and its activities
- Other duties, as assigned
The successful applicant will have an understanding of event ticketing and a minimum of one year cash handling and customer service experience. Demonstrated personal computer skills with the Windows operating system are essential. Fluency in a language other than English is an asset.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, proactive self-starter, able to accommodate an extremely flexible and fluid work schedule that can include day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts. Professional appearance and demeanour are essential to the position, as is the ability to work in a diverse and non-traditional environment.
These positions are part-time occasional based on event requirements.
Resumes should be submitted in confidence to Fran Holywell
Email – email@example.com
Subject line: Part Time Box Office Seller
No phone calls please.
Posting closes February 21, 2014.
*We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.