Mixed Company Theatre is looking for a ‘Skills to Succeed’ Program Intern. This opportunity is ideal for a recent graduate with a passion for theatre who wants to build a diverse skill set in arts administration through mentorship with Mixed Company Theatre. This position offers a valuable training opportunity in a not-for-profit model.
About Mixed Company Theatre
Mixed Company Theatre (MCT) produces innovative, socially relevant drama as a tool for positive change. This nationally recognized not-for-profit company uses Forum Theatre and interactive arts to educate engage and empower audiences in schools, communities and workplace.
- Will Report to Emma Bulpin, Skills to Succeed Project Plan Manager
- Create CSR call- lists and Research potential partners within the realm of youth employment
- Working on Marketing Material content and promotion of showcase
- Will assume the role of Dramaturge and videographer during showcase in April
- Assist in outreach and communications for showcase and Skills to Succeed bookings
- Organizing and maintaining ‘Skills to Succeed’ archives
- Creating databases for the program
- Networking and liaising with various community partners
- Attending MCT events and acting as an ambassador for the company
- Support staff for MCT shows, events, galas, and showcases
- Managing volunteers for various events
- General office duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook experience necessary; database and website maintenance experience an asset
- Experience with fundraising or events and an awareness of the not-for-profit sector an asset
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
Deadline: January 29th 2014. No late submissions.
This is an internship position with an honorarium provided at the end of the internship in April 2014
Emma Bulpin, Outreach Coordinator and Skills to Succeed Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org