Spur-Of-The-Moment Shakespeare Collective is looking for three DIRECTORS for the next session of SHAKESPEARE-IN-HOSPITALS.
SHAKESPEARE-IN-HOSPITALS is a one-of-a-kind program that eliminates physical, economic, and social barriers to community engagement encountered in the health care sector using performance and classical text. Artists get the opportunity to engage in a creative conversation and build on a network with emerging and established artists from diverse backgrounds, while bringing the results to members of the health care community.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Direct ensemble members through a set of scenes/monologues from the canon
- Help to construct pieces that are versatile to multiple stages and environments
- Interact/collaborate with actors, directors, and guest artists
- Facilitate an atmosphere for open discussion and collaboration with fellow directors
- Must have a background in classical performance
- Must be self-motivated and organized
- Must be passionate about classical theatre and contemporary performance
- Rehearsal period: 8 weeks, from August 17th to October 11th.
Submission deadline: February 13th 2014
Cover Letter and resume may be submitted electronically to Victoria Urquhart at email@example.com. We will be holding interviews in the last few weeks of February.
For more information about the SOTMSC, please visit: www.spurofthemomentshakespeare.weebly.com