The Industry Series at Magnetic North Halifax, June 22-25, 2014
The Industry Series at the Magnetic North Theatre Festival gives theatre artists & companies a venue to network and exchange ideas between artists, administrators, producers, presenters and other professionals with the goal of generating possible partnerships, future collaborations, and tours.
The Industry Series attracts regional, national, and international presenters and producers, and is the perfect social setting to connect with and get to know some of the most sought after artistic curators. The Industry Series creates the potential for the significant growth of Canadian artists by encouraging development opportunities and export readiness.
For the 2014 festival, Magnetic North is partnering with Eastern Front Theatre’s Stages Theatre Festival to put Halifax on the national theatre map by bringing over 120 national and international industry professionals to the region. Halifax will serve as a beautiful backdrop over the four days of conversations and presentations exploring issues concerning Canadian theatre practice.
Magnetic North Pitch Session
- Tuesday, June 23rd, 2014 from 1pm to 3pm, Venue (TBD)
Pitches are often the starting points for booking tours, new collaborations, and fostering partnerships. This is an opportunity to bring an idea to someone who has resources or connections you need to make something happen. Artists are given the opportunity to present tour ready works, or projects in development to an audience that is made up of other artists, agents, producers, presenters who have the power to affect change and implement ideas.
Applications are open to all professional Canadian theatre projects
- A maximum of eight (8) projects will be selected by a committee made up of: Artistic Director’s Brenda Leadlay and Charlie Rhindress and Industry Producer Dustin Harvey.
- Applicants must be professional artists and preferably, involved in pitching the project.
- Projects should have some sort of backing (producing, funding or otherwise) in place.
- The presentation is to be ten (10) minutes in length and may include audio/visual support. We suggest that (2) minutes be reserved for questions from the audience after your pitch.
- Participants must attend the mandatory pitch rehearsal on Monday, June 22, from 11.30am to 1:30pm
- Successful applicants will be responsible for securing their own travel and accommodation (applicants should get in touch and explore possibilities with funding from Canada Council for the Arts – Audience and Market Development Program)
How to submit?
- Download and Complete the application form.
- Provide brief biographies of the artists and organizations involved.
- Provide a summary of the project and relevant details. Include a description of what you hope to achieve by making a pitch at the Industry Series.
- Send your non-refundable processing fee of $35 along with your pitch submission payable to Magnetic North Theatre Festival.
Please send your completed submission in a single PDF file on or before: Friday, February 28th, 2014 to:
Dustin Harvey, Industry Producer
38 Tulip Street, Dartmouth, NS B3A 2S7
All applicants will be contacted by Wednesday, March 5th, 2014.