The Stratford Festival is North America’s leading classical repertory theatre, entertaining more than half a million people each year. We attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and actors alike.
You will direct and oversee the operation of the Stratford Festival Archives and organize, and maintain archival collection according to professional archival standards to serve both internal and external clients.
You will oversee the development of the Festival’s digital archives including the implementation of an online catalogue, the introduction of a digital management system and the digitization of the Festival’s collection.
You will plan and monitor the departmental budget, identify opportunities for archival project funding, manage all archives staff and volunteers, and establish clear guidelines for the selection and transfer of records and artifacts.
Additionally, you will develop and execute a plan to heighten the profile of the Festival’s archives including a greater presence for its collection and services on the website.
- A mid-career archives professional with experience in collection management, digitization, policy development, preservation, and catalogue management,
- You have degree in archives management or library and information sciences or equivalent.
- Experience in creating and managing a digital archives presence is essential.
- Your keen interest in theatre/arts is ideally complemented by experience in a cultural or not-for-profit environment.
- Priority will be given to candidates with experience in managing a high-profile collection with a dual focus on preservation and access that serves a variety of constituents including academic researchers, publishers, students as well as theatre professionals.
How to Apply
We recognize that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply by February 28, 2014 to:
55 Queen Street
Stratford, Ontario N5A 6V2
Subject: Archives Director.