The Lower Ossington Theatre is looking to cast replacements and understudies for its long running hit AVENUE Q
Deadline to Submit: March 6th (priority given to early submissions)
Rehearsals Begin: March 12
Performances: April 10-June 1
Director: Seanna Kennedy
Musical Direction: Robert Wilkinson
Seeking the following Characters:
- NICKY/BAD IDEA BEAR/ TREKKIE MONSTER/OTHERS – Ability to produce and maintain strong character voices (think Cookie Monster for Trekkie, Ernie for Nicky), ability to hold harmonies, great comedic timing, Strong puppeteering skills required.
- MRS T/BAD IDEA BEAR/OTHERS – mezzo, great comedic timing, ability to hold harmonies, two very distinct character voices, strong puppeteering skills required.
- PRINCETON/ROD – Tenor, Able to create two very distinct characters, great comedic timing, strong puppeteering skills required.
- BRIAN – Baritone, good comedic timing, ability to hold harmony, not a puppeteer.
- These are non-equity paid positions.
If you are interested in auditioning please send an email with your headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with AVENUE Q AUDITION as your subject line and indicating which character(s) you are interested. Those selected for auditions will be sent material to prepare for those characters as well as an audition date/time.
*A note on puppet characters. You do not need to have any experience as a puppeteer, but you need to come to the audition with (at the very least) correct sync (the puppets mouth movements should match exactly what you are saying, syllable for syllable.) The best way to achieve this skill and check your work is to puppet your material in front of a mirror (if you don’t have a puppet you can just use your hand) and know your material very well.