The Toronto Fringe Festival would like to invite street performers and buskers of every variety to entertain the masses at the Fringe Club this year.
The Toronto Fringe Festival is Toronto’s largest theatre festival, and the Fringe Club is the heart of the celebration. The Honest Ed’s parking lot is transformed into a vibrant pedestrian art market featuring visual art, street performance, plays, and people looking to relax with a beer after a hard day of Fringe-ing. This year, we want to challenge performers to take a corner of the Fringe Club and transform it from a square of pavement to a living, breathing performance arena.
- The 2014 Toronto Fringe Festival runs July 2-13.
- Performers will be programmed by Fringe staff based on style and suitability.
- The performances will take place at the Fringe Club. The Fringe Club is open Mon-Thurs 4pm-12am, Fri 4pm-1am, Sat 1pm-1am, and Sun 1pm-12am.
- Performance spaces are open air and are roughly 10’x10’ to 20’x20’.
- Performance spaces do not have a raised stage.
- Performances can range anywhere from 10-60 minutes.
- Performances cannot include amplification of any kind (no amps, mics, speakers, etc.).
- The Fringe cannot supply storage or technical support.
- Applications are free.
- If your application is accepted, you will be charged a participation fee of $25. This fee provides you with coverage on our website and signage at the Fringe Club.
- As the performance area is within the Fringe Club, you will not need a busking permit.
- Performers are encouraged to pass the hat.
- The Fringe does not interfere with your art but it must be legal.
How to Apply:
- Please visit our website (www.fringetoronto.com) and fill out an online application form.
- Applications are due on Friday, April 4, 2014 by 5pm.
- If you are accepted, you will be asked to submit payment within 7 days.
If you have any questions, email Tessa Cernik at email@example.com, or call at 416-966-1062 x 9.