Auditions: Tuesday 18th of March.
Cast requirements 1 MALE, 1 FEMALE
- Rehearsals begin the week of 24th March.
- Tech begins Monday 14th April
- Show runs from Thursday 17th April to 10th May 2014
- Shows are Thursday, Friday, Saturday 8pm and Saturday 11pm
HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH
John Cameron Mitchell, text; Stephen Trask, music & lyrics
About The Roles:
- HEDWIG: (MALE, 20s-40s) German accent, strong rock tenor, transsexual (male to female) with a blowout rock persona, sings with incredible power, emotionally and physically cut and bruised from a lifetime of destructive events has grace and power with a veneer of aloofness. Seeking a charismatic performer with a strong, versatile, voice. Hedwig is an Internationally ignored song-stylist and East German rock-n-roll goddess, who also happens to be the victim of a botched sex-change operation; tells her story through brutally honest songs and monologues. Must be able to front a band and command an audience, as well as perform the entire show in drag.
- YITZHAK (FEMALE. 20’s – 40). Balkan accent. Hedwig’s Croatian male husband and roadie/back-up singer. He is Hedwig’s vocal sparring partner- theirs is an emotional and at times abusive relationship. The actress playing Yitzhak should be believable as a butch male. Very strong singer with rock and roll vibe. Wide vocal range a must (High belt to a G). Actress should be able to play basic percussion instruments – tambourine; maracas.
About The Show:
Hedwig, (born Hansel) who fell in love with an American G.I. and underwent a sex-change operation in order to marry him and flee to the West. Unfortunately, nothing worked out quite as planned – and now Hedwig is on a tour with her band, The Angry Inch, following her erstwhile lover Tommy Gnosis as he plays a local arena. This is basically a scripted Rock Concert in the vein of David Bowie.
Auditions will consist of readings from the script, which will be emailed with your audition time.
Prepare a rock tune showing your vocal range. Please have your music in a binder and properly marked as an accompanist will be provided!
Please submit a headshot and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org