The Patrick Conner Award Committee is pleased to announce its Call For Submissions for the 2nd Annual Patrick Conner Award. The award honours long-time collaborator Patrick Conner who passed away in December, 2012, and seeks to carve a space for us to acknowledge the costs of integrity, honesty, generosity and belief. Last year’s inaugural award winners were James Davis and Estelle Shook.
The award straddles and unifies two worlds that were essential to Patrick ~ (i) theatre and (ii) sustainable living, including the sustainability of food production in our environment. This annual award honours two individuals from either or both of these disciplines with a cash prize of $2,500 each.
The deadline for application is Tuesday, April 15, 2014 and the award will be presented at a ceremony held on the Green Roof at the Carrot Common, on August 18, 2014. The successful applicants must be available to attend the ceremony in Toronto on this date.
To apply, applicants must submit:
- a single page (1 page) statement outlining why you are deserving of the award.
- a half page outline (up to 1 page accepted) about a community engagement project, art / theatre piece or community action that has inspired you.
- a half-page (up to 1 page accepted) personal remembrance or specific researched finding about Patrick Conner that has inspired the application or call to action.
- a CV or resume (1 – 2 pages).
- two (2) supporting letters.
Applications will be accepted by email only (PDF preferred, Word Doc acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send more material than has been requested. Any questions may also be directed to this email.
Previous applicants are welcome to re-apply.
Applications received after April 15, 2014 will not be accepted. Successful applicants will be notified by July 1, 2014.
The 2014 Patrick Conner Award Committee is: Andrew Arnold, Franco Boni, Michael Chipman, Derrick Chua, Julie Daniluk, Jon Kaplan, Maureen Kirkpatrick, Allyson McMackon, Sarah Garton Stanley (Chair), Clinton Walker.