TAPA is seeking a part time T.O.TIX Ticket Agent & Supervisor. The successful applicant will possess the following skills & qualities:
- Leadership and professionalism
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and contribute to a healthy working environment
- Proficiency and understanding of working in a Windows environment
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work well in a small team environment
- Understanding of web development technologies
- Additional languages are considered an asset
Administration & Financial:
- Daily (on shift) balancing and reconciliation of T.O.TIX in person sales;
- Managing multiple online ticketing systems as well as hard ticket and voucher sales;
- Working on computer software such as Word, Excel, Firefox, and Outlook.
- Working closely with the Operations Manager and the Membership Manager on maintaining accurate and clear information on TAPA web services specifically related to T.O.TIX;
- Responsible for opening up and closing of T.O.TIX Booth on Saturdays including the creation, posting and updating of daily discount and event sheets online and in person ;
- Responsible for supervision of part-time T.O.TIX Saturday staff;
- Providing superior example of professionalism to part-time T.O. TIX Saturday staff
- Liaise with theatrical producers and box office personnel in acquisition and updates of daily ticket inventory;
- Daily monitoring of online and in person ticket sales and inventory
Outreach & Public:
Fulfilling the duties of a front-line retail Ticketing Agent by:
- Providing superior customer service to customers, visitors, TAPA Members and T.O.TIX partner company representatives;
- Learning and adapting to new and changing procedures as set by the T.O. TIX management team and ensuring these changes are applied quickly and consistently;
- Having knowledge of Toronto performing arts, events, attractions, accommodations, and geography or the necessary research skills to quickly provide answers on these subjects.
- Liaising with security and cleaning staff at Yonge Dundas Square;
- Other activities of an administrative, nature as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Director and/or T.O.TIX Booth Management.
Please note: This is a PART TIME, two day (Friday and Saturday) position
TAPA is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages qualified individuals from diverse background. We thank all those who apply, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send 1 page cover letter, resume and references to:
Ms. Jacoba Knaapen, Executive Director
Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts
Application deadline is Wednesday, 5:00pm, March 19, 2014
The Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts –TAPA – is an arts service organization that represents 189 professional theatre, dance and opera companies in the City of Toronto. TAPA is committed to providing services, externally and internally, that ensure a culturally healthy and robust future for our members.
TAPA believes that a city is enriched by public participation in culture, and has a key role to play in linking the public to the experience of the performing arts. We achieve this in part, through our services at T.O.TIX Toronto’s One-Stop Ticket Shop.
TAPA owns and operates the T.O. TIX Booth, which is located at Yonge-Dundas Square in the heart of downtown Toronto, just opposite the Eaton Centre. T.O.TIX, sells full price and discount performing arts tickets, well as a wide range of local Toronto attractions including sports, music and special events. T.O.TIX is also a TicketKing and Ticketmaster outlet and last year continued to rank as the 3rd top Ticketmaster outlet in Ontario.