Full Time One year term w/ poss. extension
ArtReach Toronto, a project of Tides Canada Initiatives, supports local arts initiatives that
engage excluded youth. This is carried out through the provision of resources, mentorship,
tools and skill building opportunities for young artists, youth leaders and youth-led groups and organizations in Toronto.
This full time position will coordinate a Special Capacity Building Initiative for grantees and applicants of the Youth Opportunities Fund. The Project Manager will develop, implement and evaluate a set of workshops, clinics, learning circles and a large-sale networking event. These activities will take place across the GTA. The Manager will also oversee the development of a resource guide and manage a part-time staff person.
Anticipated Start Date: Mid April 2014 (ending Mar/Apr 2015 with possibility of extension)
Location: 401 Richmond St West, Suite 350
Annual Full Time Salary: $48,750/year
Key Responsibility Areas
- Develop and implement a series of workshops, clinics, learning circles and events geared towards applicants and grantees of the Youth Opportunities Fund
- Recruit and support workshop facilitators and mentors
- Develop a resource guide to guide applicants to the fund
- Plan and implement a large-scale networking event
- Provide mentorship and various supports to young people as they implement their projects
- Connect youth to resources, artists and other programs, where relevant
- Work with an evaluator to develop and administer evaluation tools such as surveys and interviews, and analyze data
- Coordinate partner meetings
Communications and Outreach
- Develop written communications, including workshop and event flyers
- Conduct outreach to promote workshops and events to applicants and grantees using social networking tools and in-person strategies
- Work with a team of storytellers (photographers, filmmakers) to document the activities and use creative methods to disseminate information being shared
- Manage grant and report writing
- Take meeting minutes
- Manage mailing lists and track statistics for all participants
- General administrative duties as required
Experience with youth programming/workshops, mentorship, grant writing and event
planning is required. We are also looking for someone with the following general skills and
- Experience working with youth 29 years of age and under
- Have a passion for youth work and social change work
- Understanding of the landscape of the youth and arts sector
- Experience managing community-based projects for youth (budgets, programming)
- Experience facilitating youth workshops/programs
- Knowledgeable of resources and opportunities for young change makers
- Strong strategic thinker and a hands-on and practical doer
- Time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and programs within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Creativity and ability to change and adapt to participants’ needs
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner and lead meetings with this approach
- Experience with general administration, report-writing, evaluation and use of social networking tools
- Knowledge of anti-racist, anti-oppressive, LGBTTQQ2SIA, arts, culture, and community building practices
- Ability to work within a flexible work schedule, including evening/weekend work
- Must be willing to travel outside Toronto (drivers license required)
How to Apply
Together with your resume, please forward a cover letter, which includes your responses to the following questions:
- How did you hear about this position?
- What interests you most about this position?
- Based on our requirements, why are you a strong candidate?
- Briefly tell us about your current/most recent job. Why are you looking for a change?
- Tell us why you are passionate about providing young people with opportunities to build on their skills and be better equipped to work in the community.
Please send your resume and cover letter with your responses to the above questions to:
shahina sayani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: March 27, 2014. Interviews to be held the afternoon and evening of April
For more information about ArtReach Toronto and Tides Canada Initiatives, please visit:
As ArtReach Toronto is a Project of Tides Canada Initiatives Society (TCI), the selected candidate will be an employee of TCI. Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in the position, however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No recruiters please.