Established in 1979, The Theatre Centre is one of Canada’s leading incubators and presenters of contemporary live performance. Located in the vibrant West Queen West neighbourhood, we provide artists from a range of disciplines with the space, funding, mentorship, profile, and community they need to develop new work and new ways of working.
In 2014, The Theatre Centre completed a $6.2 million transformation of an iconic heritage building into a live arts hub and incubator, and a permanent home for the company.
We are currently seeking a General Manager to help us manage the operations of our rapidly growing organization. Reporting directly to the General & Artistic Director, and working closely with the Board of Directors, the General Manager is responsible for the overall financial and human resources of the organization. The position also functions as the producer for all productions and presentations of The Theatre Centre.
This is a full time, salaried position with a salary range from $39,000 – $42,000.
- Managing financial and human resources;
- Preparing grant applications, and all required government correspondence;
- Acting as a representative for the company within the community, including attendance at conferences, community events, and performances;
- Working closely with part time outsourced accounting firm to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting;
- General office management;
- Responsible for managing production and presentation budgets;
- Board relations and engagement, and participation in all Committees of the Board;
- Minimum 3 years of arts management experience in the non-profit arts sector;
- An understanding of – and a passion for – the artistic work of The Theatre Centre, and its role in the live performance ecology;
- Excellent writing and communication skills are a must;
- A “can do” attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond when necessary;
- Ability to learn quickly, think on your feet, and adapt easily to new environments;
- Attention to detail and an ability to maintain focus in fast-paced work environment, while maintaining an eye on a larger picture.
How To Apply:
Please submit a pdf of your cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Monday, April 21, 2014. When creating the pdf, be sure to make your name the file name, SurnameFirstname.pdf
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The first round of interviews will occur the week of April 28th.
No telephone or walk in inquiries will be accepted. All applications are considered confidential. The Theatre Centre is an equal opportunity employer.