Position: Faculty: Assistant Professor, Theatre
Status: Faculty, Tenure-Track position at the rank of Assistant Professor, 71.42% Permanent
Start Date: August 1, 2014
Review Date: May 16, 2014
The University of the Fraser Valley is nationally recognized for its commitment to teaching excellence, community relevance, and Indigenization. With over 100 programs, from graduate and undergraduate arts, science, and professional degrees, to trades and technical education, UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students. Learn more about UFV’s forty-year history at ufv.ca/40
The Theatre Department at the University of the Fraser Valley invites applications for a tenure-track 5/7 position at the Assistant Professor level, effective August 1, 2014. The successful applicant will teach courses in technical theatre and design, supervise the design and technical operations of the Theatre program, and design for the department’s season of theatre.
- Applicants will have a (minimum) MFA or equivalent degree in Theatre Design or a related field, professional experience designing for live performance and theatre, and experience in technical theatre operation and management.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of digital technologies in live performance is a core competency for this position, and the Theatre Department is especially interested in candidates with experience in the integration of digital technologies and knowledge of programs such as Q-Lab, Isadora, Adobe Creative Cloud, and SFX.
- The successful candidate will teach introductory courses in Technical Theatre and Stage Management and an upper-year course in Design for the Theatre.
- The ability to teach additional theatre courses , such as Introduction to Theatre and History of Theatre and Drama, and to develop new upper-year courses will be considered significant assets.
- Candidates must demonstrate evidence of teaching excellence in a post-secondary setting and the ability to successfully supervise and mentor undergraduate students.
- Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain an ongoing program of creative practice and/or scholarship.
- Knowledge of WHMIS regulations and procedures is required and current first aid certification is an asset.
How to Apply
Direct curriculum vitae including evidence of appropriate qualifications, recent teaching evaluations, and three letters of reference, referring to POSTING 2014.36 to:
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road,
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Tel: (604) 854-4554 Fax: (604) 854-1538
Email resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Selection Advisory Committee will begin reviewing applications on May 16, 2014; however, the position will remain open until filled.
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
- In an effort to be both environmentally and fiscally responsible, UFV will contact only candidates receiving an interview.
- We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.