TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, has created the new contract position of:
Duty Manager – Cinemas
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative, community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be a part of our ever growing team and be part of Toronto’s cultural history.
Reporting to the Manager, Cinemas, the Duty Manager is responsible for managing the TIFF Bell Lightbox day-to-day Cinemas and Concessions operations to promote a superior Visitor Experience. This position includes oversight of cinema, coat check, information services and gallery operations. The Duty Manager is an integral part of the TIFF Visitor Experience management team.
- Maintain a high standard of servicing, responding to internal and external client issues in a timely and appropriate manner in keeping with established Visitor Experience Departmental Service Measures.
- Perform daily Manager-on-Duty shifts at programmes, special events and other activities in TIFF Bell Lightbox and for the annual Festival.
- Presence on the front-line to manage Cinemas operations and issues, including escalation of visitor concerns and crisis management.
- Reactive management as required for on-the-day staffing assignments, audience flow, staff safety and security.
- Effectively manage Cinemas staff to ensure smooth and efficient operation and a safe environment for all visitors.
- Ensure cleanliness and presentability of Atrium, cinemas and other public areas at all times. Reinforce SmartServe and other alcohol service policies with staff and visitors.
- Provide regular updates to Cinemas staff on all TIFF Bell Lightbox programming information, policies and procedures.
- Co-ordination of special event programming, including staffing thresholds.
- Co-ordination of uniform ordering, distribution and tracking. Contribute to policy/training manual creation, budgeting and scheduling.
- Oversee performance management of Cinemas staff, and when required, Ticketing Services & Concessions staff, in conjunction with Cinemas Manager.
- Provide timely reporting to appropriate management including written operational, staff, incident, expense and post-mortem reports.
- Represent the Cinemas Management department and the Cinemas Manager in particular, at meetings and on the floor as required. Other duties as required.
Contract Dates: June 2nd to December 31st, 2014
- A minimum of five years of management experience in a high-volume front-of-house and/or live entertainment operation
- Post-secondary education
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (oral and written) in a professional manner
- Comfortable in conflict resolution situations Ability to adapt quickly to change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, mostly standing up
- Proven ability to meet deadlines Strategic mindset and understanding of scheduling complements
- Resourceful in problem-solving, with a “can-do” attitude Dynamic and outgoing personality with sound judgment and discretion Strong computer skills (e.g. internet research skills, spreadsheets)
- CPR, First Aid and SmartServe training are an asset Interest in film, non-profits, arts and culture is considered an asset
- Ability to work until at least 12am and on weekends on a regular basis
Please submit cover letter, résumé and the names and phone numbers of three references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 5pm on Friday, May 9th, 2014 BY EMAIL ONLY to the attention of:
Hiring Committee: Duty Manager, Cinemas
TIFF Email: email@example.com *Please note the position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted.
No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer.
TIFF is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to transform the way people see the world, through film. Its vision is to lead the world in creative and cultural discovery through the moving image.