Derrick Chua, Barrister & Solicitor, offers self-employed actors an opportunity to address any issues they may have regarding standard contracts and agreements.
In this workshop participants will learn how to read and comfortably sign documents such as:
- CAEA (Equity) Performer Agreements
- Standard ACTRA/CAEA Reciprocal Agreements
- Non Union Performer Agreements
- Agency Contracts
By understanding the fundamentals behind entertainment law and contractual agreements actors can protect themselves from certain clauses embedded in the fine print and become better prepared in the following areas:
- Copyright law
- How to spot a scam
- Working around a parody (fair dealing clause)
- Licensing agreements (music)
- And the opportunity to ask any other contract questions
Monday April 28, 2014
4pm-6pm, Suite 350, 401 Richmond Street West
Fee: $20 & $40 plus hst.
For more information and to register visit: www.theatreontario.org or call 416-408-4556.