Acting Up Stage Company is dedicated to producing, developing and advancing the versatile art of musical theatre in Canada. Each season we interpret contemporary work through the lens of both our country’s most accomplished and most promising artists, bring new musicals to life, and develop the artists and audiences of tomorrow.
Since 2004, under the leadership of Artistic & Managing Director Mitchell Marcus, we’ve been rewarded time & again with rave reviews, sold-out performances , 32 Dora Award nominations, 6 Dora Awards and 8 Toronto Theatre Critics’ Awards. Staged in intimate settings, starring Canada’s finest artists, our productions are timely, thought-provoking & entertaining, challenging expectations of the genre. Past work includes Once On This Island, Falsettos, Do You Want What I Have Got? A Craigslist Cantata, Caroline, or Change, Ride The Cyclone, Parade, The Light In The Piazza, A New Brain, A Man of No Importance and Elegies: A Song Cycle. Each year we present a series of concerts, train and mentor young performers from across Ontario through One Song Glory and The Banks Prize, and develop new musical works through our NoteWorthy program.
The Intern Producer represents an opportunity to join the team of a creative and dynamic musical theatre company. The Intern Producer will provide support to the producing team in terms of general administration, marketing, fundraising and sales as we prepare for our 2014-2015 programs.
- June 2, 2014 to July 18, 2014 (7 weeks)
- 30 hours (4 days) per week
- $330/week ($11/hour)
- Managing incoming receipts and invoices as well as outgoing cheques and donation receipts;
- Creating study guide material for students for 2014-2015 productions;
- Researching content for audience engagement initiatives in relation to our 2014-2015 productions;
- Organizing and enhancing our database of Ontario secondary schools;
- Assisting with the renewal of individual donors and foundations;
- Working on our social media profile, contributing to our blog and Facebook page;
- Working with our group sales team to cultivate relationships for 2014-2015 programs;
- General administration tasks as required
The successful candidate will have:
- A keen interest in arts administration;
- A love of the performing arts with a specific passion for musical theatre;
- Multi-tasking abilities and stellar organizational skills;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to work independently, manage one’s own hours, and maintain a highly motivated work ethic;
- Insight, creativity and resourcefulness;
- A “can do” attitude, flexibility and willingness to pitch in;
- The ability to be detail-oriented while producing results in a fast paced environment;
* Graphic design or WordPress skills would be an asset
To be eligible for this job you must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
How To Apply
Acting Up Stage Company invites all applicants with proper credentials to apply for the position. Acting Up Stage Company thanks all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Acting Up Stage Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume and cover letter detailing how you can contribute to Acting Up Stage Company no later than May 12, 2014
Applications should be made electronically to email@example.com with “Intern Producer” in the subject line.
This position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program, funded by the Government of Canada.
For more information on Acting Up Stage Company visit: