Escape From Happiness
By George F. Walker
Directed by Andrea Wasserman
Performance dates: September 26 – October 11, 2014
A bizarre event in a dysfunctional family prompts an incident of brutality in this intensely dark Canadian comedy. Part of Walker’s East End Trilogy, this play explores the tender moments of a family in the midst of violent times.
- Nora – the mother, early fifties
- Tom – the father, late fifties
- Gail – the youngest daughter, early twenties
- Mary Ann – the middle daughter, early thirties
- Elizabeth – the oldest daughter, mid thirties
- Junior – Gail’s husband, early twenties
- Dian Black – a cop, mid thirties
- Mike Dixon – a cop, early forties
- Rolly Moore – a crook, mid thirties
- Stevie Moore – Rolly’s son, early twenties
TO SUBMIT FOR AN AUDITION:
E-mail with headshot and resume to email@example.com. Those without email access may leave a message at 416-364-4170 ext. 3. Be sure to include your phone number so we can contact you!
Those selected for an audition will be seen the week of June 16 with callbacks on June 25 and 26, 2014.
Please prepare a short (2-3 min.) contemporary monologue. You may also be asked to read from the script, so it is highly recommended that you are familiar with the play.
Reading copies are available at the Toronto Reference Library, 5th floor — Performing Arts desk.
If you are an Alumnae Theatre Company Member, be sure to make that clear in your message, as all interested ATC Member candidates will be seen.
Alumnae Theatre is a non-professional theatre company that encourages diversity in its membership and casting.
Auditions will be held at Alumnae Theatre, 70 Berkeley Street (southwest corner of Adelaide E. & Berkeley Streets).