Auditions: The Addams Family Musical, The Randolph Theatre.
Presented By The Lower Ossington Theatre
Directed by Alan Kinsella
Musical Direction by Robert Wilkinson
Auditions: 2nd and 6th of June with call backs on the 12th of June.
- Rehearsals begin from the 23rd of June and continue on a regular basis throughout June, July and August – full schedule available on audition day.
- Tech begins Friday August 15th through to opening.
- Show runs from August 28th to September 21st, Thursday through Sunday.
- Thursday to Saturday 8pm, Matinees: Saturday 2pm, Sunday 4pm.
CAST: We are seeking strong singer actors who can move, for the following roles and ensemble
- GOMEZ ADDAMS: Caucasian male actor. A man of Spanish descent who takes great pride in his family and revels in all it means to be an “Addams.” He struggles with having to keep his daughter’s secret from his wife, whom he adores more than death. Smart, comedic actor with tenor vocals.
- MORTICIA ADDAMS: Attractive, leggy, the strength of the family. An easy comedic actress with a sexy, dry wit. Feels her husband is hiding something from her and will use any tactic to lure the secret out. A strong dancer/mover with alto/mezzo soprano vocals.
- UNCLE FESTER: The androgynous family member who serves as the musical’s narrator. He is larger than life: an energetic, joyous, child-like presence. A vaudeville style comedian with tenor vocals.
- WEDNESDAY ADDAMS: Wednesday is an attractive, in-shape girl who has the same dry wit and sensibility of her mother. Finds love with a “normal” boy (Lucas) and wants to introduce his family to hers. Experiences the youthful drama that comes with first love. Lucas can actually put a smile on her face. Strong pop belt vocals.
- GRANDMA: She is a feisty 102 year old woman. Fun and quirky, but don’t mess with Grandma. Comedic actress with strong character vocals.
- PUGSLEY ADDAMS: Male actor who plays 12 years-old. A charming, funny, husky boy who loves being tortured by his sister. He wants to ensure he won’t lose his sister to her new boyfriend, so he takes matters into his own hands. Strong, high vocals. Voice not yet changed.
- LURCH: A very tall male character, (may be done with height extension but actor should be at least 6ft) the Addams’ butler who knows all. He speaks in moans and groans without becoming a cartoon version of himself. His movement is always very slow. Character actor with a low bass vocals to E-flat.
- MAL BEINEKE: Stuffy father of 19 year-old Lucas and exasperated husband to his rhyming wife, Alice. At one time was a follower of The Grateful Dead but has lost that side of himself. Always looking out for his family. Male actor with high baritone/ tenor vocals.
- ALICE BEINEKE: Mother of 19 year-old Lucas, devoted to her family so she puts aside her own desires. In-shape, quirky female who often speaks in rhyme. While at the Addams Family dinner party, she drinks a potion that causes her to let her hair down and speak her truth. Comedic actress with soprano / belt vocals.
- LUCAS BEINEKE: Attractive young man. Fell in love with Wednesday Addams and plans to marry her. Experiences the youthful pain and drama of young love and struggles with the differences between his family and the Addams family. Contemporary pop tenor vocals.
- THE ANCESTORS ENSEMBLE: 4 Male and 4 Female ensemble singer/dancers who are smart performers. Trained dancers who sing and have a fun, quirky sensibility.
All should prepare 32 bars of two contrasting musical theatre songs and one short lighthearted contemporary monologue. There will be an accompanist provided.
A performance honorarium is attached to each role.
Please submit a headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org