Theatre Aurora presents Maggie’s Getting Married by Norm Foster
Director: Jamie Defoe
On the night before the wedding of their youngest daughter, Maggie, and their soon-to-be-son-in-law, Russell, the Duncans have gathered for one final family party. When Maggie’s older sister returns home for the wedding, she discovers that she knows Russell a little better than Maggie would prefer, and the mayhem ensues. Written by Norm Foster, Canada’s funniest and most-produced playwright, this rip-roaring comedy will have you laughing up the aisles and leaving the theatre with a side-ache!
- Wednesday, July 9, 2014 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Sunday, July 13, 2014 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Theatre Aurora — 150 Henderson Drive, Aurora, Ontario
Rehearsals will begin on Wednesday, July 23, 2014. They will be Monday and Wednesday evenings as well as Sundays alternating between afternoon one week and evening another.
- October 9-12, 16-18, 2014
The Sunday performance (October 12) is a matinée at 2:00 pm; all other performances are at 8:00 pm. **If you are auditioning, you must also be available for Sunday, October 19 for Set Strike.**
Please prepare a short (2min max) COMEDIC monologue. Actors should also be prepared to do a cold read from the script. If possible, please read the script prior to auditions.
We are looking for a cast of 6 people. Please note that ages given indicate appearance onstage as opposed to chronological age of actors.
- Maggie Duncan: 29 years old, plain but pretty Plant Pathologist. Still lives at home with her parents, getting married to Russell. She is a sweet, insecure young lady.
- Wanda Duncan: 32 years old, sophisticated and social. Older sister to Maggie. She is a real estate agent who has more experience with men than her younger sister and is not afraid to speak her mind.
- Cass Duncan: early 50’s, Mother of Maggie and Wanda. A religious woman who enjoys the comfortable life her husband has provided them but not pretentious. A no-nonsense kind of woman who wants the best for her daughters.
- Tom Duncan: 56 years old, Father of Maggie and Wanda, husband to Cass. He is a dentist. Going through a mid-life crisis and is leery about “giving” his daughter away.
- Axel Wilkie: 37 years old, boyfriend of Wanda. He is an actor with the fear of women in him.
- Russell MacMillan: 35 years old, fiance to Maggie. He is a real estate agent and a clean cut, over achiever. He tries too hard to make people like him.
To book an audition, email your resume (or outline your experience), headshot/snapshot AND audition date preference to email@example.com