Harbourfront Centre announces call for submissions for HATCH 2015
Harbourfront Centre invites emerging and/or established artists to apply for HATCH 2015; submissions are now open. HATCH is Harbourfront Centre’s annual performing arts residency programme, featuring the most original, exciting and fresh voices Toronto has to offer. HATCH is designed to incubate and foster invention and innovation in performance practice.
Companies and artists selected to participate in HATCH will receive months of professional development and mentoring in all areas of production and presentation. Additionally, selected participants will receive a one-week residency in the Studio Theatre, located at Harbourfront Centre. Use of the residency period is at the discretion of the artist and needs of the project (i.e. workshop, rehearsals, performance, etc.). Recognizing how vital audience feedback is to the creative process, all HATCH projects must culminate in at least one ticketed presentation of the work for the general public at some point during the residency week.
Of specific interest to Harbourfront Centre are proposals that demonstrate how HATCH will benefit the development of the project and the artist.
Harbourfront Centre invites projects from:
- Professional performance creators from across the GTA at any stage in their career who are able to demonstrate prior artistic endeavors and a clear artistic mandate
- Performance creators engaging in a new project, or entering the next distinct phase of an ongoing developing project
- Performing groups/artists from diverse communities whose work is contemporary in nature
- Artists committed to the development of inventive and contemporary performance-based work
- Artists working across all disciplines including, but not limited to, dance, theatre, performance art, music, digital art etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
Artists and creators interested in submitting a proposal for HATCH 2015 are encouraged to apply online at harbourfrontcentre.com/hatch/submissions/
Submissions for HATCH 2015 will be accepted until Wednesday, July 30, 2014