Young People’s Theatre (YPT), now in its 49th season, is Canada’s largest theatre for young audiences and currently produces and presents a 7-play season with an audience of 70,000+. Housed at a renovated, historical venue in Toronto, YPT works on a 468-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio stage. Its operating budget is approximately $3.5 million. The family-friendly
employee culture at YPT (given that hours are primarily daytime) encourages ingenuity, team-work, and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.
YPT is currently searching for a candidate to fill the position of Audience Services & Ticketing Administrator. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Audience Services and Ticketing Administrator will coordinate the ticketing and audience operational needs of the organization with primary focus on meeting the requirements of Box Office and Drama School. This position is full-time, commencing as soon as possible.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of Sales Associates/Box Office staff including training and scheduling.
- Implement and manage all aspects of the ticketing/drama school registration system. (Theatre Manager).
- Provide ticketing system training and support to Development, Education, and Administration staff.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports for various departments as required.
- Liaise with Theatre Manager software provider to troubleshoot system issues.
- Generate database lists and create reports for various departments.
- Determine, implement and maintain box office policies and procedures, in tandem with the Sales Manager.
- Participate in weekly marketing meetings and execute marketing initiatives.
- Minimum of 2 years of ticketing/box office supervisory experience.
- Experience with ticketing software (Theatre Manager preferred but not required), including creating/building events, implementing pricing matrixes and promotion codes.
- Proven track record in customer service and a sincere desire to be helpful.
- Experience in staff supervision including scheduling/budgeting.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- An interest in the arts is a definite asset.
In accordance with YPT’s policy of screening all adults involved in working with children, the successful applicant will be required to complete a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening Check. Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates
are welcome and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested parties should apply with cover letter and resumé detailing all relevant experience to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Audience Services & Ticketing Administrator Search (insert your name)
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm June 30, 2014
While we thank everyone who applies, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.